The Stonyridge Team
Owner, Chief Winemaker
Graduating with a Diploma in Horticulture at Lincoln, University of Canterbury, Stephen then blasted off to sea on the Round The World Yacht Race in search of the meaning of life. He found it sitting under an olive tree in Tuscany, with a glass of red wine in hand… and so Stonyridge was conceived.
…winegrowers who annually produce a painstakingly assembled Cabernet of extreme quality.”
– Robin Bradley, Australian and New Zealand Wine Vintages
Charl Van Wyk
With a background working as a Wine Buyer as well as managing high end hotels in the UK, he brings a combination of experience like no other. He comes highly qualified with a WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines & Spirits and also has experience working vintages in the Clare Valley (Australia), Stellenbosch (South Africa) and the UK.
Wine Production Manager
Martin started his career at Goldwater Estate back in 1992 and has worked on vintages in Pomerol, St Emilion & the Napa Valley. He returned to Waiheke in 2004 as winemaker of Mudbrick vineyard where he produced two trophies, twenty gold medals and dozens of other awards. He now heads up the winemaking team at Stonyridge and is a great friend to us all.
Vineyard Operations Manager
Dayne joined the Stonyridge team in 2008 with the enthusiasm to keep his hometown firmly on the global wine map. With experience in over ten vintages on Waiheke Island and a passion for organic viticulture, you are sure to find Dayne and the team working tirelessly in the vineyard to ensure greatness reaches every bottle of Stonyridge wine.
After working for several successful local Waiheke businesses over her past 12 years on the island. Chrissy joined the Stonyridge team in November 2013. While it was Stonyridge’s values and fine wine that initially won Chrissy’s heart, our fun-loving and ambitious atmosphere has happily kept her in our office ever since!
Cellar Door Manager
After receiving her Sommeliers degree in Italy, Chiara joined our Stonyridge Team in 2018 to learn more about New Zealand wine. Her vast knowledge of wine and her passion to spread the love of wine, earned her the coveted position of the Cellar Door Manager. Chiara really goes above and beyond to ensure all our guests have an amazing experience and they learn a bit more about wine then they did before they arrived at Stonyridge.
Janis joined our Team at Stonyridge in 2018 after fulfilling his big personal dream of crossing the Pacific Ocean on a sailing boat. It is with his great passion for people, his degree in International Tourism Management and his diverse hospitality background in Europe, Australasia and South America that he happened to find Waiheke Island. In love with his new lifestyle he is now leading our front of house team based on the 4 mains Stonyridge Values: Team is Family, Have Fun, Keep Learning and Pursue Excellence.
Work For Us
Stonyridge is currently looking for:
Stonyridge is looking for an experienced Restaurant Manager with a valid Management License. The job will include working closely with the General Manager to oversee and organize all hospitality experiences at Stonyridge Vineyard.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years management experience, will be a team player with a passion for hospitality and wine, possess excellent communication and people skills with a strong desire to succeed and drive sales and the whole customer experience.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of our restaurant, tasting lounge and yoga deck/bar area
- Internal communication & coordination between kitchen, events & front of house
- Planning and creating menus in consultation with our chefs
- Hiring, training, managing and providing leadership for all FOH staff with support of the team
- Rostering FOH staff based on their skills and availability
- Planning, organising and managing special functions
- Arranging the purchasing, negotiation and pricing of goods according to budget
- Maintaining records of stock levels and financial transactions
- Ensuring dining facilities comply with health regulations and are clean, functional and of suitable appearance
- Implement all company policies and procedures, including Health & Safety and Complaint handling
- Conferring with customers to assess their satisfaction with meals and service
- May take reservations, greet guests and assist in taking orders
If you think you have the experience and profile we are looking for please send you CV and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our winemaker and vineyard manager are always looking for experienced & passionate vineyard technicians to help produce one of the top Bordeaux blend in the South Hemisphere. If it sounds like you please contact us!
If you think you have the experience and profile we are looking for please send you CV and Resume to email@example.com
*Work visas essential.